Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wait...WHAT?!

I am so overloaded today. Like way overloaded. Like, so overloaded I feel guilty that I'm even taking my lunch (read: mindlessly eating mostly while trolling Pinterest). However, I also simply had to take the 5 minutes to write this post and share this experience.

Some people like sweets. Some people prefer salty snacks. Some like sour-tasting things. I, personally, am a gal who'll take French Fries over a candy bar every time (though a cupcake trumps anything), but I can understand people who crave sugary stuff.

EXCEPT the woman in front of me at Dunkin' this morning.

I haven't been going to Dunkin' much since I started eating healthy, whole foods (because, unfortunately, there's really no way to make a glazed donut healthy) but this morning I needed the caffeine. Generally, I'm more of a tea girl than a coffee girl. However, when I do drink coffee it's usually flavored and/or lightly sweetened. In my youth (when guess was $0.89/gallon and I walked uphill both ways to get to the mall), I actually used to order it French Vanilla, extra cream, extra sugar. Nothing could prepare me, though, for what this woman ordered:

Large iced caramel swirl coffee, extra cream, extra sugar, and five Splenda.

I'm pretty sure everyone in line imediately became diabetic.

Um, also? It was 6:45 a.m.

Please, if there are any readers who drink their coffee like this, explain it to me. I use the sweetener and milk to cut the bitter taste but...I'm pretty sure you'd be better off just eating bulk white sugar with a spoon than drinking this coffee.

Now, if you'll please excuse me, I need to go call my dentist for a cleaning...

3 comments:

  1. I don't drink coffee so I can't explain but my teeth hurt from reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink coffee either, so I'm at a loss. I love the smell of it, but hate the taste. At this point I think she should just invest in one of those energy shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally love coffee but can't stand it sweet. I drink mine black and strong - no cream, no sugar. But as scary as it is, I've seen worse orders than the woman in front of you. A guy I work with is addicted to sugar - he rarely drinks coffee but when he does, he uses 8 sugars. He even puts sugar in hot chocolate! He made us buy the sugar you pour out of a container because he didn't like having to open all the little packets. Pointing out that using less little packets would solve the problem didn't seem to do the trick.

    ReplyDelete

You can agree. You can disagree. You can be random. But please, be NICE.